Heavenly Sunlight!

If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there:if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall they hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee. Psalm 139 8-12

Walking in sunlight all of my journey,Over the mountains, through the deep vale;Jesus has said, I’ll never forsake thee—Promise divine that never can fail.
Heavenly sunlight! Heavenly sunlight!Flooding my soul with glory divine;Hallelujah! I am rejoicing,Singing His praises, Jesus is mine!
Shadows around me, shadows above meNever conceal my Savior and Guide;He is the light, in Him is no darkness,Ever I’m walking close to His side.
In the bright sunlight, ever rejoicing,Pressing my way to mansions above;Singing His praises, gladly I’m walking,Walking in sunlight, sunlight of love.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cherry Good Wishes

What a fun time I had making this card! I found some individual tissue packs at Michael's with a beautiful design that reminded me of a wonderful lady at church. I am easily moved to tears during some of our musical pieces and oftentimes feel like I am the only one wiping away tears. I noticed one Sunday morning that she was a'crying too (but without tissue). So, when I found this tissue, the cherries and cheerfulness reminded me so much of her. I decided to make a card that matched the tissues I wanted to give her.
I first had to make the background paper. I painted the cherries on blue cardstock. I used Martha Stewart punches for the borders at the bottom, turning one upwards and one down. I topped them with wide black ribbon that had white stitching at the edges and then a strip of yellow. I cut out the white dolly using Easter 2010, a black circle using George, then the center yellow circle also using George. Using Lyrical Letters, I cut all the layers of Cherry Good Wishes in various colors and layered them. Then I put white dots on the black circle and a few on the wording, inked the cherries and was done!  This card cheers me up each time I look at it.

Oh, and of course, that very morning in church, I'm crying, I look up, and she's waving her new tissue, smiling at me, crying too!  :)
 Have a blessed day!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you Melissa. Love your card - love the paper you used thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...